Thread: Budapest baby!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #23
Maquisard
Citizen of Bizarro World

I'm jealous now. I wish I had discovered "culture" when I was 15. Sadly (it turns out), I can say that getting drunk like an assclown in Budapest was the height of my experience there. To be fair, I was a little bit into culture, 'cause I remember, as if through a haze, that I really appreciated the architecture.

edit: I decided to rate the Budapest experiences.

2nd place, I guess (not really! ), would be getting services offered, but not rendered, by a hooker. Two of them, actually. (Real live hookers!). They sit around the sidewalk in broad daylight, which I'd say is bad for business, 'cause they sure was ugly! I was with my cousin, also from Serbia. Seeing we were foreigners, they started talking in English: "You want Sex? Sex!" My cousin just sorta stood there, confused. I smiled at him, and said "Kurve", which means "hookers" in Serbian, and I guess they understood, 'cause they were like "Ya, Ya!" Hilarious!

And on the opposite side of the spectrum, as the worst (or rather weirdest) experience in Budapest, I'd place getting my wiener touched by a male doctor. That was slightly awkward...

Erm, let me give you a bit of a backstory to that last one. This was during the bombing of Serbia, and we were in Hungary applying for a U.S. visa (in order to emigrate), because you couldn't get one in Belgrade after the war started and the U.S. cut off diplomatic relations and closed down the embassy. Anyway, to get the visa, we needed to go through a medical exam, which was more than I expected.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem

Last edited by Maquisard; 03-27-2006 at 04:57 PM.