View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 02:56 PM   #77
MoriartyL
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
What about Fahrenheit? Under a killing moon / The Pandora directive? Discworld? And what about Daughter of Serpents, where characters speak in bubbles, and you can either right-click to say nothing, or left-click on certain words to steer the conversation in that direction?
I'll try to check them out.

The truth is, I came up with this idea not for use in adventures at all, but for use in RPGs. I'm not as familiar with the former as I am with the latter (especially Japanese RPGs). The issue I had was that either an RPG would use a horrendous dialogue control system (such as KotOR's dialogue trees) or no control over dialogue at all. I was looking for something more effective at fleshing out characters. It was only when I decided to flesh out the system more that I realized it could work well for adventures. So I hope I can be forgiven for not looking into adventure-geared dialogue systems.

So, just so that you understand, I didn't start out intending to reject other systems. I was looking to create a working one, where I didn't see any. But somehow, it always ends up with me rejecting everything...

Last edited by MoriartyL; 03-23-2006 at 12:33 AM.