View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 12:24 PM   #10
Stoofa
Roar?

Many many people don't listen to voice mail messages or greetings. I don't know if they're obsessing about what they're going to say or they're just so sure that they've dialed the correct number that they ignore all signs to the contrary.

I used to have a voice mail message that said, "Hi, this is Stoofa. Leave a message." I have a girly voice, no one would mistake it for a man's. But of course I got a bazillion messages for a guy named Larry, especially from one especially stunned woman who didn't believe me when I explained to her several times that she had the wrong number and I didn't know any Larry. She tried to get me to tell her my full name, where I lived, and where I worked. Ha! The hell I'd give some creepy stranger that information. She still left all kinds of messages during the afternoon when I was at work. "Larry! I know you're there Larry! Pick up!"

I used to work at a grocery store and sometimes I had to answer the phone. Once this guy called and after I said, "Atlantic Superstore, where may I direct your call?" he yelled, "HA HA! Put Darryl on the phone." I figured he meant an employee named Darryl, but no. He thought he had called his buddy Darryl's house and I was some chick who happened to be at Darryl's house and picked up the phone to play a fun joke. I tried explaining to him but he refused to believe me so I hung up on him.