View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 08:56 PM   #7
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
So far I've only deleted them. I suppose it doesn't help the caller that my voice mail doesn't identify who I am.
My voice mail does identify who I am, and this still happens to me constantly. I get a lot of calls for the guy who (apparently) had this number before me... it's been three years! I think they're all collection agents. Answering and telling them it's not his number tends not to work... sometimes they apologize and say they'll remove the number from their list, but more often they just hang up or demand that I give them his number or pass the message on to him. The fact that I don't actually KNOW the guy doesn't seem to matter.

So no, I say don't waste your time trying to return the message, unless it's some girl in tears who keeps calling asking why you (he) abandoned her and your (his) two kids, or something. (Lest I'm coming across as totally heartless, I did call someone back and say they had the wrong number once, when it was a message for some parents to let them know that their kid got into preschool off the waiting list and they had to call back and confirm the spot. But that's the only time I can remember. They're usually collection agents. )