View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #6
Jeysie
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Mmm. That reminds me of this one wrong number issue I had a long time ago back when I still lived with my mom...

I answered the phone, and the lady on the other end asked for John (names are changed to protect the forgetful... namely, me). I told her there was no John here. She says, "Are you sure?", I say, "Quite sure" and she hangs up.

A few minutes later the phone rings again. I answer, and it's the same lady. We go through the whole routine again.

The phone rings yet again. It's still her. I go through the whole routine. She tells me the John fellow had offered her a job and told her to call such-and-such number. She reads off the number to me... and it is in fact my number. I tell her, "Yes, that is this number, but there's no John here and I don't know why he gave you this number, I'm sorry." We hang up.

A few minutes after that, it rings *again*. It's the same lady. She starts sobbing about how she really needs a job and everything. I tell her that I feel really bad, but it still doesn't change the fact that there's no John here, he obviously gave her a wrong/bogus number, and unfortunately if she keeps calling I'm going to have to contact the police. Thankfully she stopped calling, because it was starting to majorly creep me out.

We don't get wrong numbers very often. Although we have gotten a few, including messages. The weird thing about the messages is that unlike some of you folks, we *do* have a custom message that plainly states who resides at our number. Meh, some people are just dumb.

Though in my case, all the wrong messages we've received have either been one, in Spanish, or two, reminders of appointments from people who don't give their company name, so we couldn't call back anyway.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."