View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #18
Nexic

Quote:
Those millions mostly go towards salaries. Find ambitious, talented people that will work for free
Small games are one thing, super complex real world simulations are another. Finding talented people who will work for free is hard enough when they've only got to commit a few hours here and there, trying to get 10+ of them to work full time for a few years is just insane - it won't happen. You might get a few to start a big project like this, but they won't finish it.

Yes in theory you can do almost anything with some of these scripting languages but the reality is most of them simply aren't powerful enough in the end. Can you do complex physics with Adventure Game Studio's scripting language?

The idea you could create something next gen in 3D GameStudio is a complete joke, even try to do anything close to next gen and the engine will bring even the most powerful PCs to their knees. I know, I've used it.

Quote:
My game is comparable in functionality to Bone, Ankh, Dreamfall, or Fahrenheit, and there's nothing they've shown us or done that I can't replicate.
None of those games are anything like this guy is proposing.

Last edited by Nexic; 03-20-2006 at 12:41 PM.