Thread: The Dream Diary
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 06:53 AM   #61
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
But Picard rocks! He quotes Shakespeare! He drinks tea! He's principled! He has the greatest haircut imaginable (until he lost what little was left)!

As for the Enterprise song: which version? I really didn't like what they did to it around Season 3 in an attempt to revamp.

As for Voyager, I liked it. But I think they overused the Borg. I know that they were in the Delta quadrant, but it felt like the Borg were involved in about half the episodes of later seasons .
So? I quote Shakespeare too! And I quote Goethe and others! Okay, the fact that he drinks tea might be the only hope for his redemption in my eyes. The haircut is okay I guess. But he's a bit *too* principled. Kirk broke rules! He was fun! Can you imagine Picard screaming "KHAAAAAAN!!!" and doing a good job at it? Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to copy Kirk, but he could loosen up a bit. One of his ancestors must have always played a Paladin in RPGs, for he seems to have inherited the mandatory Stick-In-The-Colon.

Actually, I think it was one particular movie where I *really* disliked him. I can't remember which one it was, and that impression stuck. However, I liked the scene in that one movie where the Borg are on the ship, and he shoots them with the machine gun from the Holodeck (because the forceshield can't adjust to bullets). That scene was great.

The original version, I think. Also, the intro that goes with it is awesome.

And the Borg were kind of omni-present in Voyager, what with Seven-of-Nine and those Borg-Kids (I don't remember how long they stayed actually) around most of the time.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!