Thread: The Dream Diary
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 03:57 AM   #35
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Are you sure you were dreaming that? Because it sounds an awful lot like dream/sleep paralysis (or whatever the scientific term is). Basically you open your eyes while you're dreaming and what you see gets fed into your REM sleep. Ofcourse I saw this on Discovery Channel or NG so you best take it with a pinch of salt, but apparently this is where the majority of "alien abduction experiences" comes from (the minority coming from people who seriously crave attention, and "hypnotherapists" that are dying to give that to them ), and in Japan, people often experience this while they think they're seeing a scary witch-like creature doing stuff with their body (it's dictated by local myths and stories and such). So your eyes are open but your body is still paralyzed because you're dreaming, and the dream will cause you to 'hallucinate' stuff (or not, in your case). Some people have extreme cases of dream paralysis, where they have that every single night of their life, now there's a scary thought
It might have been sleep paralysis, yes. I didn't know about it back then (I think I was at most 9 years old), but I had a case of sleep paralysis only last year or so. I remember having read about it around that point too. But that experience was different. When I experienced it last year, I felt that I couldn't open my eyes, and my chest felt heavy (in the middle ages people believed Demons sitting on your chest were the cause to that. Cue the paintings by Fuseli!). I waited, and after some I was able to breathe alright again, and I could open my eyes. It was certainly not pleasant.

I am pretty sure however, that I was able to breathe normally back in that nightmare with the dark room. In fact, it was a feeling as if I am floating in the middle of the room (which might have been due to me having a high bed back then, or maybe not), and I was certainly able to open my eyes and breathe normally. It was just completely dark. I think I sat up, hugging my legs in that dream back then, because I had a feeling that this room was all that's left of the world, as if I am in a box that is itself immersed in nothingness. It felt as if there was nothing material outside the room (so I guess windows and door would have been kind of pointless), that all of existence was to be found inside that room. And considering that except for me and perfect darkness there was nothing in the room, that thought was not a happy one. I can remember that feeling, and it sends shivers down my spine.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!