Thread: The Dream Diary
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 05:27 PM   #26
jjacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
I think one of the scariest dreams I used to have when I was small, was that where I was in a completely dark room (perfect darkness. The kind where you can't even see the tip of your nose, or your hand even if it is so close to your face that you can feel the fine, tiny hairs on the back on it on your face.), without windows or doors (even though it's dark, I somehow always knew there were no windows or doors). It was terrible, because there was really nothing else I could do but wait what happened. Nothing ever happened, but it was scary, because I thought I would never escape from that wretched place.

The scary thing is, I never knew if I was dreaming, or if it was just a very dark night, where no light filtered through the glass door of my bedroom. That's probably why I never completely close the rolling blinds (the kind that is outside the window, and closes really light tight).

-
Are you sure you were dreaming that? Because it sounds an awful lot like dream/sleep paralysis (or whatever the scientific term is). Basically you open your eyes while you're dreaming and what you see gets fed into your REM sleep. Ofcourse I saw this on Discovery Channel or NG so you best take it with a pinch of salt, but apparently this is where the majority of "alien abduction experiences" comes from (the minority coming from people who seriously crave attention, and "hypnotherapists" that are dying to give that to them ), and in Japan, people often experience this while they think they're seeing a scary witch-like creature doing stuff with their body (it's dictated by local myths and stories and such). So your eyes are open but your body is still paralyzed because you're dreaming, and the dream will cause you to 'hallucinate' stuff (or not, in your case). Some people have extreme cases of dream paralysis, where they have that every single night of their life, now there's a scary thought