View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 05:39 PM   #46
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
You don't really need to sit on the beach or take a hike through the mountains to enjoy it, you know. You can enjoy the scenery every day. You're driving through the hills and alongside the coastline every day on your way to work, for example. Or you can see it when you look out the window. So, I can imagine someone who likes beaches and mountains wouldn't be happy living in, for example, a desert. You say you don't care to pay for atmosphere, but I think the area in which you have to spend your life can't be compared to the interior design of a restaurant.

--Erwin
Yeah well, I mean, if it's worth it to pay to see mountains on the horizon and coastline while driving to work...then you have your own legit reasons to live in a place like that. Besides, some people have enough money for it and it's not even an issue. I'm referring to the "beggars being choosers" types. If one is struggling to make ends meet while living in a place where they are paying to see a mountain or beach in the distance when they wake up in the morning, I just don't have a whole lot of pity for them (and this defines my own best friend so...I'm not just being an ass for the fun of it).

By the way, when I lived in CA I liked it fine, it just wasn't any different in terms of my own personal enjoyment of life vs here. But I certainly noticed a lot more beggars on the streets out there. Gee, I wonder why?