Thread: Vomit streak
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 05:29 AM   #23
Sage
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
You know, this kind of upsets me. You drove home in the state you were in?
The act of throwing up coupled with the realization that I had just done so in someone else's car sobered me up most effectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
I'm always shocked when American people just talk blatantly about driving drunk, as if it's the most normal thing to do in the world. I'm confronted with this all the time on the internet.

Over here in Belgium, we've had the BOB campaign (ads against drinking and driving), and it really worked. Amongst my friends and me there's the unspoken rule that you don't drink and drive, ever. If someone is drunk enough to consider driving home, we stop him. By force if it's necessary. Sometimes you just have to protect people from themselves.
We drink a lot. We do a lot of crazy stuff when drunk. But we'll never drive, because it's just asking for trouble.
Agreed. But the story I related happened when I was 17, over twenty years ago. Stupid kids do stupid things, and that incident in particular is what taught me to watch my alcohol intake very closely when I'm driving.

Share the love.

<3