View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #55
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Also worth considering, if you're not sure about committing totally to college, is distance learning. I'm sure something similar to the Open University must exist in the US. Obviously, not as good as going to college fully - and I think going back full-time would do you a world of good! - however, even being enrolled on such a course is a reason for potential employers to look twice at you, and they might sponsor your tuition into the bargain.

Trep is absolutely right. You regret your decision, now's the time to do something about it. I see it's your birthday (happy birthday by the way - I'll leave someone else the honour of making the obligatory thread!), so now's a great time to start looking into your options seriously. Aim to have made huge progress by your next birthday. Do you really want to be in the same situation next year?

As I was going to say once your birthday thread surfaced, I really hope your life improves in your 26th year of existence - but it's down to you.

Sorry if this sounds a bit too much like a motivational lecture, but seriously! Come on! I hate to read about people stagnating, especially if it seems they could do much more to help themselves. The only reason I haven't said this before is that Trep has already said it, better and more forcefully.