View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 06:15 PM   #48
tabacco
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
I don't see what I *can* do about it. I literally have no money to go to college... the most money I've ever had in my bank account at one time is a couple thousand. I just can't seem to get a high enough paying job to let me save up enough money.

If I could get a decent enough job to be able to afford to go to college... well... I wouldn't need to go to college to get a decent job then, would I?

I could go into debt, but I've seen first-hand several friends and family who have gotten their credit damaged and filed for bankruptcy and everything because they took on debt assuming they could pay it off and then later on something happened and it all got screwed up. I don't want to take on thousands of dollars in tuition debt unless I know for sure I can eventually pay it off.

Of course, that's ignoring the fact that even if I did have the money for tuition there quite literally is no sufficient bus service in my area that I could use to get to classes, I literally can't afford to own a car, and my roommate is gone almost all the time so I can't use his.

So I don't want to be like this for the rest of my life, but you can't make money and other resources pop out of thin air. I do the best I can with what I have available.

Peace & Luv, Liz
http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ <-- thin air.