View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #16
Jake
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Cliche, but:

I'd played a lot of Atari 2600 and NES games, and some PC games including a small handful of Sierra adventures I never completed, but nothing could touch this game. The opening of Monkey Island 2 floored me and pretty much readjusted my idea of what a good game was. At the time it probably threw the meter a bit too far in the "is a 3rd person story driven comedic point and click adventure," but I was 11 or 12.

I almost posted a screenshot of the opening of Super Mario Bros. 3, but then I realized the screenshot said "©1988 Nintendo" right below the main menu. God damn it that game is really old now. And I am old.

------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
It took me a second, but I presume Moriarty is talking about...
Spoiler:
...the black-and-white castle where you meet Princess Zelda. It's just awesome when the colour starts to spread and everything comes to life...
Most totally amazing moment in a game in ages. Wind Waker gets no respect. I'm working on completing it right now finally, along with Chris (remixor). His save game got corrupted right before he reached that cutscene, and my savegame starts immediately after it. It's totally crushing, because he's never seen that few minutes of the game, but we're both determined to get to the end first, then maybe play back up to that moment.

Last edited by Jake; 03-05-2006 at 11:55 AM.