View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 07:51 AM   #20
lemmy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
Welcome to AG, lemmy and Binky. (You two weren't in Laverne & Shirley, were you?)

Impressive looking screens! The quality of the art of obvious, but I'll be the first to question your decision making about the girl. I thought the only games that still depicted women like this were the action games intended to lure 15 year old boys to slobber over. I mean, does any serious game go this far overboard anymore? Unless there's some internal game reason for her to look like a total sleaze, I think you'd be much better off showing SOME discretion in how you present her.

And in case anyone points to this thread to show how the portrayal still works, there's a big difference between a screenshot and a whole game of something. It's one thing to look at, and another to accept as a believable character.

I wouldn't have said anything, but since your final art is only at 15%, I figured a little constructive questioning wouldn't hurt.
Thanks for your comments Jackal!

Her look and ample proportions are actually somewhat important to the plot, and themes explored in the game. We hope, in fact, that despite the conclusion you may jump to by her appearance, when playing the game women will actually identify and like the main character as much, if not more, than men would.

We've gained a bit of negative feedback on different forums about this very same subject, some not quite as diplomatic as yours our thoughts on the subject are that once the game is released, and played, this negative feedback will seem somewhat ironic considering the themes and events in the game.

Thanks!