View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 11:17 AM   #24
eriq
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

I started replaying Dagger last nite and I dunno... it's still loads of fun! The taxi rides are annoying but other than that I find it's got the same magical qualities as the rest of the Sierra games. I don't mind the coversation trees myself. So far it's a really fun stylized mystery. The character art in particular is so different than the older Sierra releases. The museum setpiece itself is as cool as I remember. I love "The Archaeologist Song"... LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky
...I think you're looking for the wrong thing in these games. Doesn't the fact that the victim in LB1 is called "Colonel Dijon" give you a clue about what the LB games are about?
Exactly! Touche'! Well said.

Both Lara Bow games have a very specific 1920's "whodunnit" Agatha Christie sense of humour that I think is quite apparent - especially in the artwork and music. In fact, I think all of Roberta's games with the exception of Phantasmagoria, had the same "oops! that last step was a doozy!" style of humour. In both Lara Bow games, this light-hearted quality is definitely in play.

I invite you to watch this very rare video from my Sierra archive. I ripped this from the 1989-1990 Sierra Video Catalogue. It's a Lara Bow promo. Totally hilarious:

http://www.eriq.net/adventuregamers/larabow.wmv

Enjoy!

Last edited by eriq; 02-26-2006 at 11:41 AM.