View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #15
Spiwak
is not wierd

I agree with most of you. I hate the thought of animals being used for testing--it just seems so unnatural to keep them in those conditions when it's not a part of theyre usual life cycle. The fact that they can be killed in such testing only makes it worse. But I think some animal rights groups are just too extreme to the point where they are no longer taken seriously (I'm thinking of the labs set afire and data destroyed that I heard about a few months ago). I mean, I'm sure there must be more diplomatic methods to stopping animal testing such as finding new ways to test without animals or simply strengthening laws/inspections.

I saw this one movie called Plague Dogs (highly recommended, along with brother Watership Down) that, however extreme and fictitious, really made me hate animal testing labs (the author of the book it was based off said that the conditions he described were not that far off from reality, I heard though). Do a little bit of reading about it and you'll see what I mean. Anyways, that was a creative, nonviolent protest that definitely had more influence on my opinion than any extreme protests.