Thread: CSI - the show
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 06:35 AM   #17
Karmillo
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Sure, they CAN do some of the stuff in the series, like matching fingerprints/DNA/faces etc. to a national database, but it doesn't look that sci-fi in real life, and takes A LOT longer too. I'm just saying it might be more interesting if it were a tad more realistic
Yes...I can imagine it now. Watching some guy stare at a scree with nothing happening. On the edge of my seat here

You know there are other forensic shows out there that probably go for the real side, but I think they are more documentary like shows. IMO CSI shouldnt be anyhting but what it is. People dont watch it for the realism, we watch it for the flash and to see what they are going to do to figure out the next crime. Like you said it takes allot longer for them to do those things but they only have a houre to show it, even then its not real time.
And its not like everyhting there is completely fictonal, you learn allot of stuff from it too, they even Hav a real CSI guy that works with them on the show. Its who Grissam is based on