View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 10:55 AM   #26
nikoniko
Translate Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813
I know people have good intentions, but I've rarely seen anything happen as a result of an online petition, even if it has signatures in the six digits.
Oh, I agree, and I've said the same myself before, but then most petitions are also poorly thought out. They fail to address the key issues which prevented the desired result from happening in the first place, in this case a perceived lack of market potential. Many are also put forth by single-minded people who fail to see a broader picture, that if you can't win the current match then set yourself up for a stronger play in the next one. I don't know whether SUCCESS can be persuaded to translate this game, but I have absolutely no doubt that they'll take any strong interest we show into consideration for future titles. And if we get enough signatures, I'll reference the petition with some other publishers to let them know there's a market for English releases.

I'm also putting together some e-mails to send to publishers who have already put out English titles, to let them know we appreciate what they've done and would love to see more. Likewise, I'm looking into contacting some independent Japanese developers to see if we can get the seed of English translation planted early. Most are operated as part of their publishing companies, though, so it's looking like there's no way to influence them directly.

And since I'm in the US right now, I've enlisted the help of my good friend, Erik, who's the manager of a local GameStop. He's put up screenshots and a game description along with a paper petition, and when I talked to him at lunchtime he told me he'd already gotten 50 signatures since yesterday. Way to go, Erik!

Failing all this, I'll see how much money I can put together to hire the Yakuza to, uh... deliver a convincing message in person. (Just kidding)
me

Last edited by nikoniko; 02-22-2006 at 11:30 AM.