Thread: ShockEd/DromEd
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
jjacob

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
It was originally used in the design of Thief I but after a petition from the fan community, it was released to the public, as were later versions. The program itself is very buggy and unpredictable, as virtually no improvements were made prior to public release.

There are four different versions of DromEd, for Thief I, for Thief Gold, for Thief 2, and lastly for System Shock 2, commonly called "ShockEd."

Dromed for Thief I and Thief Gold use the same version of the Dark Engine and therefore can open levels created for each game, although Thief Gold levels may refer to in-game objects that are not found in Thief I.

Thief II uses a revised version of the Dark Engine, and therefore it is difficult to open levels created for Thief I with Dromed for Thief 2.

ShockEd is not compatible with any Dark Engine games aside from System Shock 2. However, basic level geometry can be moved between editors using a geometry export feature called "multibrush". System Shock 2 levels can be loaded by Dromed 2 with some work.
Not the best of editors it seems, though I guess you have little choice if you want to edit levels for those engines. Good luck!