View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 05:32 PM   #46
Stoofa
Roar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playing_games
Stoofa, any reason why you hate Michelle Kwan? She has been one of the most accomplished figure skater ever. Maybe not the most athletic but one of the most graceful and beatiful skater ever. She's also from what I can tell is a nice person. This will probably be her last Olympics. I;m hoping she medals but like I said it will be tough.
I find her really really really boring. She's boring and rehearsed in interviews, she just gives safe answers and repeats things word for word from one interview to the next. Her routines are tedious and always the same, just endless rehashes of Michelle skating around in figure 8's in a dull Vera Wang costume to Enya or whatever. I don't recall her ever doing a fun show piece after the competition, she tends to just do her competition routines again. Plus the press' treatment of her reminds me of Nancy Kerrigan. Pwetty Pwincess of figure skating! Yuck.

She knocked Emily Hughes out of the third spot to the Olympics when she MUST have known her groin wasn't totally healed and, of course, she's now had to pull out of the competition.