View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 12:10 AM   #791
jjacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkface
On Crash, I remember the trailer being one of the most repulsive I've seen in recent memory, and that synsopsis makes me gag.
You're basing your entire judgement of this film solely on the trailer? Seriously, when have trailers EVER been a good indication of a movie? The synopsis may sound a bit uninteresting, but the film itself it pretty damn good! Here's a somewhat better 'synopsis'; Racism-themed Magnolia on steroids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkface
Important films dealing with issues are a plague, and we all need to do our part to wipe them out.
I realise you're being sarcastic here, but just in case you aren't, shame on you sir! Films aren't just about pure escapism or entertainment, some feed people's concious and subconcious minds with food for thought. Recent example: Brokeback Mountain or Paradise Now/The War Within. While Brokeback might just be a love story for some, it serves as an eye-opener for others. Paradise Now and The War Within give us a glimpse into a controversial subject, and might just change our perception of it.

Crash succeeds extremely well in showing how prejudice is still very much alive in today's society, and how it controls people's interactions without them even realising it. Go see it, you won't regret it, if you do, I'll pay you your ticket back, promise