Thread: Cute?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 07:52 PM   #81
Sage
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

When my cat had kittens, I was fascinated by how five cats raised in the same home by their mother and myself managed to develop five very distinct personalities.
Tux hated me, and would have nothing to do with me at all. Since he had his father's perfect tuxedo markings (hence his name) and his mother's velvety Russian Blue coat, he was adopted out first.
Tiger was a lazy slug of a cat whose only concern was eating. He would lay on his side with his head in the food dish and eat that way, then wash it down by knocking over his mother and getting a few swigs of milk. Sasha (his mother) would occasionally grab him round the neck with her paw and give him a quick bath, and although he was twice her size, he submitted to this willingly.
Blotch had highly asymmetrical markings, was very long and lithe, and had a head shape reminiscent of a Siamese. He spent almost all his time in my room, and disappered whenever visitors came by. He would lay on my chest until I went to sleep at night, then move to the top of my headboard. When I woke up every morning, he'd hop back down on my chest and purr until I got out of bed.
Blackie was solid black, and at best only tolerated petting. She lived to play with and chase anything that presented itself, be it a sibling's tail, a ball, or a stray dust mote in a shaft of sunlight.
Merlin was solid grey like her mother and was an absolute shameless love sponge. No lap could ever remain un-curled-up-in, and no visit to the bathroom remained private for long while she was around. While her siblings got to hear "Get it!" and "Here kitty...", Merlin rarely heard anything besides "Get off me, Merlin!". She was never fazed in the least.

Share the love.

<3