Thread: Is this right?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 12:49 PM   #33
Stoofa
Roar?

The iPod problem has been resolved! Last night I sent an e-mail to Uber Boss (I have four bosses, it's confusing) about the iPod and how exactly I had come to win it, and how I felt about having it taken from me by a supervisor who made four times what I did. Uber Boss is awesome and really cares about her employees, but I was a bit hesitant to take it to her because she specifically hired Pain in the Butt Boss to take care of employee issues.

Anyway, I heard through the grapevine this morning that Uber Boss had not been happy about the confiscation at ALL and insisted that I be given the iPod IMMEDIATELY. She said that it was simply not right to take things from employees and that it could easily be thought of as stealing. Plus she thought that it was mean spirited and that it probably ruined my happyness at winning something. I got a call before lunchtime informing me that I could pick the iPod up whenever I wished, or they would be happy to courier it to me.

I'm glad it worked out, but I certainly will extremely careful about entering contests that are even slightly related to my job in the future.You guys should be careful as well.

Thanks for all the great help and advice!!