View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 01:07 AM   #40
artwking4
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Awww, I loved The Tick. Miss the show on TV. Did they ever reveal if he was gay?
I think the Tick is whatever you want him to be. Whatever you need him to be. To me, he's just plain insane, and isn't quite aware of it. I wrote a parody of the Tick (well, sort of, a 10-minute play, and the Tick was a big inspiration, with a dash of Sam & Max), where the main character thought he was a superhero but obviously was not, and I apparently I must have unintentionally played up the ambiguity of his sexual orientation. The actor I had portraying the character was actually gay and he just ran with the whole ambigousness thing. He was hilarious. There was also a sidekick who was very rude and decidedly unenthusiastic about being a sidekick, and an "evil" villain who is an unpopular member of society at best, but perfectly within the boundries of the law. It got a great response from the Directing and Playwriting class performances I showed it at. I wish I could have recorded it.