View Single Post
Old 12-25-2003, 01:46 AM   #39
CrimsonBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez82
still havent completed the titanic or light house, I suck at those myst like games, i never finished any zork game either. Anyone know if titanic is worth it?

crimson, gk2 has bugs if you play in window mode (windows install), there might be a patch for this but I don't know, its smoother in dos mode anyways, havent tried dosbox yet though, might work. You will definately like gk2, i envy you playing it for the first time.

I've just installed GK2 Windows, and played it for 10 minutes or so. It seemed fine to me, how long before I notice the bugs? What kind of bugs should or will occure?

And if there's a patch, where can I get it? Will my saves be rendered useless after I install the patch, or will I still be able to use the same saves? This isn't the first time I've played GK2 see. The last time I played it, I got to the point where I put the rose in the lake, but on the cutscene it either froze or just quit back to windows. I wasn't using XP when this occured though.

I mailed Sierra about the problem and they gave me a link to a patch which I should install, but they rendered my saves useless, so I had to start over again. That was too much, as I've gotten quite far in the game so I never installed the patch to begin all over. And what if it still wouldn't work after playing so far again?

I can't find anything on GK2 on Sierras website any more. If there is a patch, I want it, so I can finish the game without any huge problems.