View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #98
natalia
Mrs. Bear

Send a message via AIM to natalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Well, I installed and uninstalled Black Mirror over a year ago and my computer didn't blow up. As well as a number of other games that have Starforce on it. I have a 4+ year old machine and frankly, with all the crap I put on it, I'm amazed it still runs as well as it does.

I'm not trying to minimize your concerns. I just don't think that "I had this problem with Starforce" stories have much merit. Any problems that do exist are not reproducable. It's not like every person who installs a particular game has a particular problem as a result. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Install the game, play it, and enjoy it... it's extremely unlikely anything bad is going to happen. (You take a chance when you install ANY software. A game with Starforce on it is no more likely to muck up your computer than any other game. Really.)
I understand what you're saying, emily (and man, I definitely respect how much effort you put into that thread I read about people having problems installing the game). And I know that I'm being irrational and will probably play the game at some point since Road to India is boring me right now. I'm just trying to do due diligence for my hubby since the computer is his baby.

On a somewhat tangential side note, I just wish all of this stuff were more user friendly. I briefly read some marketing research aimed at computer and technology companies. Basically, these companies have to start making their systems easier to use in order to capitalize on the literally billions of dollars that are going untapped because people can't cut through all the techy fog to play a game or print a digital picture, etc...

Anyway, I'm rambling now because I'm suffering from a 'bout of insomnia and just wish I could get some sleep.