View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #96
natalia
Mrs. Bear

Send a message via AIM to natalia

I only asked for advice because two people on this thread mentioned having problems they believe to be related to installing Starforce protected games. I believe Jackal mentioned that the company admitted problems with previous builds.

Like I said, I'm not tech savvy, so does that mean there could be problems with older games, if so which ones? I tried going to the Starforce web site to find any info, and came back empty handed.

I've done a google search and saw a multitude of pages dedicated to problems installing Black Mirror because of the copy protection system, including a lengthy one at these forums. Those installation problems seem to have a solution, so that doesn't worry me as much as the possibility the copy protection may cause my DVD/CD writers to blow up.

Frankly, going to Starforce's web site did nothing to mitigate my concerns. The press release I read was extremely unprofessional, filled with typos and spelling errors -- not at all confidence inspiring (which in the world of public relations is critical). They dismissed all complaints out of hand at the opening of the release as rumors. Is this the case? Are the, admittedly small, number of DVD/CD writer problem cases mentioned in the earlier post about Ubisoft legitimate? Starforce doesn't address this at their web site.

So, anyway, my point is I don't want to go off of anecdotes in either direction ('I've never had a problem with Starforce games' or 'I've heard that so many people have had a problem with Starforce games'). I'll probably just wait to play it untill I can find more concrete answers.