View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 12:21 AM   #72
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
But I can't see why they couldn't use a point'n'click interface with a 3D world --- GK3 did it, and it worked for me much better than the controls in BS3.
Well, as Crimson stated, RPGs have been doing it for years. One of the best examples is Neverwinter Nights.

For those of you unfamiliar with NWN, watch this demo trailer to see how point-&-clicking in a real time 3D world could work this way. You can rotate the world around your character using keyboard keys, all the while moving the pointer around with your mouse.

Oh, and I'm not saying that this way is better than traditional 2D point-&-click. What I'm saying is that it's another beautiful way to experience an adventure game. More diversity, more different ways.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien