View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #70
jjacob

Starforce claims "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" and victory over the known visible universe

What a bunch of self-rightious assholes I haven't been following this topic very thoroughly, but to me it seems obvious that there have been alot of people having issues caused by starforce drivers. By their own admission, SF drivers turn down the speed on optical drives, which causes certain drives to break down with time (my pretty new Pioneer DVD-RAM drive failed yesterday as well, suspiciously after I installed Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory two weeks ago, now it can't write a single CD or DVD). And there are tons of other issues caused by SF drivers, mainly on SATA, SCSI and 64-bits systems.

I honestly can't say if SF wrecked my DVD-RAM drive (4 months old), but I can't return it since the webshop where I bought the thing doesn't seem to exist anymore

I just uninstalled Chaos Theory (right in the middle of the Penthouse level) as soon I figured out that SF may be the cause, since I don't want to kill my new DVD-RAM drive as well. I guess I might try to trade CT for an Xbox version, but I doubt that'll work.

Starforce