View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 04:10 AM   #12
Jolaes
Fire Dragon/Pisces

Being part of my compulsory university subjects I had to study Arabic Philosophy and the Koran a bit. I am pretty sure that the true interpretation of the Khoran is, sadly, the fundamentalist one. "Moderate" muslims give up the essence of an unyielding religion which, since its creation, is tailored to aid very mundane ideology, centered around aggressive expansion and unquestionable authority. 1/3 of our country was under Turkish rule for 150 years, the most devastating period of our history. Fortunately enough, they turned "soft" over time and did not steal ALL Hungarian children to raise janischar warriors against their own ppl... At least these days the fanatics fight their own fight... is that ethical progress...?
The soul of European culture is christianity, and the only uncompromising union in history was once forged against the threat of islam expansion.
Now Western Europe is almost lost to the islam again. Perhaps we, poor Eastern European countries will remain the last bastions of christianity, when all you Western buddies are dragged out of your houses and clubbed to death in a mob uprising. These unemployed kids of immigrants need nothing more than a charismatic leader and a little organizing to wreak havoc on you in the blink of an eye. And you cannot really hope to win a fight against those who have nothing to lose.
And exactly that's why you should not criticize or make stupid jokes about them - you only hasten the impending, inevitable, final confrontation.