View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 12:15 PM   #6
redhotray
Part time writer for hire

Send a message via AIM to redhotray Send a message via MSN to redhotray Send a message via Yahoo to redhotray

I too would say Knights of the Old Republic was the best game this year. The game was simply brilliant, and in addition, there was significant replay value in it (which is hard to find these days in games), and the storyline was as gripping as it was entertaining! It was a fantastic rpg and has been sooooooo long overdue from Lucasarts. I'm so glad they finally bit the bullet and deviated away from YET ANOTHER star sim based around their most succesful trilogy. I believe it was also one of the best selling Star Wars games of all time, which should hopefully show Lucasarts where the real money lies! Needless to say, I cannot wait for the sequel! I'll even go on record to say that after playing KOTOR, I feel the genre of roleplaying fits the Star Wars franchise like a glove!!

However, I've yet to play Max Payne 2 (though I hear it is terribly short), I also hear XIII was a significant letdown, but that Beyond Good and Evil is supposed to be brilliant and Prince of Persia, which is supposed to be one of the grandest evolutions in the platform gaming genre since Mario 64!

I'm not including Deus Ex 2, seeing as how it doesn't come out in the UK until next year (hopefully bug free), but from what I've heard so far of it, I've a feeling I'm going to be very disappointed by the game! It was practically a cert to become game of the year 2003, being the sequel to one of the most succesful multi genred games of all time but somehow managed to squander it away!

(BTW - on a side note, if you've all yet to try Anachronox, try it!!! It's basically a third person rpg, set in a deus ex esque world. I'm a couple of hours in, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it already. That game is definately an underdog!!)