View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 10:41 PM   #11
tabacco
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by doroposo
Why is there any limit to begin with? What if I get drunk and post a compromising picture on the What Do You Look Like thread, but don't realize it until a week later? Or suppose I get googled by a potential employer and they deny me a job based me on me calling the people at StarForce a bunch of b*stards (which I wanted to edit out a few days later, as it really was a stupid and immature thing to say, even if they are), will AG.com intercede on my behalf? Am I going to have to take serious responsibility for everything I say in fun, and "say what I mean, and mean what I say?"

Is this just one of those things where the board software has a time limit and it has to be something, so 3 seemed like as good a number as any? What about the community playthroughs? And finally, does this post have enough question marks?

???
Well, if any of those things happens, I think you'll have learned an important lesson about posting responsibly on the internet. If you get drunk and post a compromising picture, and then don't notice it for a week, why is that our fault? Likewise, if you're searching for a job in software, maybe you shouldn't be publically calling people at software firms names, eh? The internet is a public forum, and just because you're not talking to us face to face doesn't mean you're not accountable for what you say. Real life doesn't work that way, be glad you get a few days.