View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 03:49 PM   #74
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
Well, I've just played it. It's good. It's really good, actually. There are starting to be some challenges (which, furthermore, more or less make sense), the plot manages to both seem like it's getting somewhere, while yet getting more mysterious (and, more importantly, it's the first time I've actually started being interested in learning more about the mystery), and the plot twist is actually unexpected this time. Too bad it took two days to get there.
I'm glad you're getting into it now. It's a game that I enjoyed playing first time round despite its flaws. Yahtzze has proved able to tell an intriguing story which I think is important with the often lacklustre plots of today's games (Um..... there's some bad guys so you should........er......shoot them or blow them up or something)
Quote:
Stepurhan, I now see what you meant with the dream sequences. A slight problem for me was that it was, once again, going too fast. By the time I just realised who those people lying on the floor were, the sequence was almost already over.
It is a bit rapid but it does build on the previous sequences.
Quote:
Another question: what was Matthew's teddy bear (and diary) doing in his room? I mean, didn't he die almost two centuries ago? Don't tell me nobody had used the room since then. Or had all the children in the family been using that 200-year-old teddy? Yuck. (and that would have thrown off the detector, by the way)
Definitely a plothole for the reasons you've given. However, I don't know how you could have achieved the same aim (finding the bodies of Matthew and Roderick Defoe) in a more convincing maonner. I think it's a bit of a fudge of logic for the purposes of the overall plot.
Quote:
Hey, you know what? For the first time, I'm actually really looking forward to playing the rest.
I'm glad to hear it. I hope the end sequence works well for you as well.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree