View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #30
fov
Rattenmonster

I've emailed to ask how they want me to handle the screenshot. This magazine probably doesn't print screenshots very often (in fact, I'd be a little surprised if they ever have), so it may not be an issue they've ever had to deal with. You're right, though, that it would probably be easiest to submit the screenshot exactly as it started out and let them deal with touching it up if they choose to. It's not like I'm downgrading the quality at all. (It's not 1024x768 pixels, though. It's just the Image Size box in Photoshop, so it's much smaller than full screen.)

This whole process is kind of bizarre to me, because I work in publishing. I'm used to being able to just walk across the office and ask the designer what s/he wants.

Quote:
In terms of DPI in general, you have to remember that despite the fact that MacOS thinks to itself "i'm running at 72 dpi" and windows thinks "i'm running at 96" that totally doesn't matter, because the "DPI" you're running at changes with the size of your monitor and the resolution you're running it at. There's no correlation at all.
Gotcha. I was just confused because when you take a screenshot (on either platform), it defaults to 72 dpi.