Thread: Going to...
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 12:37 AM   #28
nikoniko
Translate Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
I'd love to pass it off as a work expense, but it was all arranged so fast I haven't contacted any Japanese animation houses. Any ideas, give me a PM or write here!
If you're feeling lucky and brave, you could show up at the doors of Studio Ghibli and see if they'll let you visit. Officially they do not do tours or allow uninvited guests to look around, but unofficially they have been known to open their doors to various random international visitors. Bring a bronzed Totoro with you and say it is a gift on behalf of your country in recognition of Miyazaki-sensei's contribution to the art of animated film, and insist that you must give it to him personally. If the negotiations don't seem to be going well, you could always stage a sit-in on the floor of the lobby and refuse to leave until they either give you a tour or provide you a ticket for the Cat Bus.

Failing that, it's always fun to visit the Ghibli Museum (which is not at the Studio), though I imagine that wouldn't help you with establishing your trip as a business expense.