View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 12:03 PM   #78
Christian IV
Adventure Game Researcher

Thanks, I meant to put Death Gate up, yes it is a great one, and Kings Quest I added in a second note, I, II, III, IV, V, VI, but Not VII or VIII yet....sadly, and I promise to check out Grim Fandango...

I am an artist by profession (www.christophergerlach.com) and have become intrigued by the graphics aspects of the games genre as it has developed over the decades....and actually began some work in that area with code, algorythmn and design concepts and ended up patenting a new format that may be a threshold to new directions, but I became hesitant because I was and am concerned about how the capacity of CRT and other screen based IT to portray life yet limit the portrayal as well in some technical aspects involving how our eye-brain conceptualizatoin pathways work, which involve visual triggers and higher thought processes and overall interaction wtih our forumlations and memes of reality integration work. I had to do a lot of work to research the background and that ended up taking some years to prepare me to actually work with the games literature and other CGI such as simulation software and hardware for flight training, etc....all eventually will come together, but I am maybe half way through, I am doing it all on own funding to be free to go in any direction I feel useful without having to limit my thoughts by conforming to doctrine, or current academic or popular opinion or levels of accepted thought.

It has been and is quite an interesting journey and I am not sure yet where it will end up, and it is great to read the very interesting thoughts and feelings of the commuity here and in other forums on the net.

I do feel great and quiet movement happening with wide ranges of people, both in and outside of the CGI world and community re graphics, games, literature of all kinds. I am not sure of the games literature iwll equal or even reach the area culturally of written works or other media, but it is a possiblity. I have reservations about it all, but reserve judgement as much as possible to gather in the widest feeling of it all.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs