View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #324
AudioSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjko
Ok, I hope it's clear then why some may find it a bit unfair to call all fan game creations crap, and decide that all fan games (or amateur games) are bound to be crap. Because you have, admittedly, not played all of them. And certainly haven't played games yet to be created.
And no one will ever play all the fangames in existence. Sure, you take liberties with a generalization, but that's how it is. Based on the several amateur titles I've now played, I see no reason for the quality of the games to improve since the lack of funding means they can't make use of ever-increasing technology and will invariably lag behind in the writing department.

Edit: I think it's far easier to throw arguments at someone - in this case, me - than to defend yourself. Oh, and I can think of the inevitable replies: "Well why did you start this then?"

I'll leave that hanging since I don't know myself.

Edit 2: Incidentally, if someone said that all fangames were good, there'd be a general round of agreement with a few protestors. No one outraged, a few amused, and many in agreement.

Last edited by AudioSoldier; 01-17-2006 at 10:25 AM.