Thread: Ouch...
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

I lost $2,500 on Ebay once. I thought it was going to be $5,000 since that was the full payment, but I got half of it back when I tracked the guy down through some connections, they got his cell phone number, and when I called him on his personal phone he was terrified. I made it worse when I told him a bunch of other stuff about himself that I shouldn't have been able to know, and threatened to send a hit man up to New York to kill him. He drove to the bank while I was on the phone with him, and he sent me back half of the money instantly (apparently he had already blown the rest) and begged me to give him time to send me the rest...

Since I had his name and everything I went ahead and told the police up there, and they said the guy had been using Ebay to rip people off for some time, and that they would put him away. He said he wasn't sure that I'd get the rest of my money back though because the guy blows it. I said I didn't even need the rest of my money as long as they busted the guy or kept him from ripping other people off again...