View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 11:00 AM   #5
Kurufinwe

Thanks for starting this Jeysie!

I don't think I'll be able to follow three threads at once, but since I probably won't own all of the games that won't be a problem. And that would get more people involved.

Anyway, let's see:

Commercial games:
  • Conquests of the Longbow is my first choice. Great game, divided in days, lots of things to say about it, both as a game and a story.
  • The Dig would work well, I think. And it might appeal to Myst lovers too.
  • It might be nice to celebrate ScummVM supporting Kyrandia by replaying it, though that would have to wait a couple of months (possibly even less than that, at the current rate of progress).
  • Possibly the first Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes game, though the chair would have to be a bit directive to keep everybody on the same track.
  • What do people think of Inherit the Earth? It's one of the games playable in ScummVM that I've never played (and it's still sold). I'd like to try it out, if it lends itself to the format.
  • Faust? I remember there was a very interesting thread about it (which prompted me to buy it), but most people were sepaking from memory, so maybe it'd be a good idea to replay it. Well, I want to replay it sometime soon anyway.
  • I'm fine with Sanitarium (though half the thread will be spent in people complaining that the game keeps crashing under XP), or GK1, or Sam'n'Max. Grim Fandango is nice, but I'm not sure it'll be possible to break the second year (which is the biggest, and best, part) into sections.

Myst-like:
  • Obsidian, obviously, never fails to generate conversation. I've replayed it a month ago, but what the hell.
  • And what about Myst itself? I'm sure most people haven't played it in ages (no pun intended). And that'd give the possibility to compare the various versions.
  • Not Lighthouse. Please.

I don't know much about amateur games, but I'm willing to discover. But I also think that KQ2VGA could be interesting. Frankly, it's a remake in name only (well, not even that actually): most of the locations, puzzles and characters are new. So why not?
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]

Last edited by Kurufinwe; 01-16-2006 at 11:07 AM.