View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #1
Starflux
A Servicable Villain

Default I got harrassed on the street

I'm copying a bit from a mail I just sent about what happened to me and my girlfriend mon this afternoon:

What happened to mon and me today is that we got harrassed on the street by some asshole punks. Extraordinarily ugly people, but extremely frightening as well. Mind you, they were buttugly, pudgy and possibly not from here, but the looks on the leader's face was chilling. In his eyes was neither compassion nor anything. As he tried to push me away and hit me on the side of my head once, there was nothing in his eyes save reckless hatred. He didn't enjoy it or laugh or smirk or even said anything humiliating to make himself feel better. There was nothing, only cold aggravation. What can man do against such blind hatred? After he hit me on my head I grabbed his sleeve, but fortunately mon pulled me away then and took me across the street. Needless to say I was shaking where I stood and only managed to compose myself with some last shred of strength. We took a long scenic route through the suburbs to my home, as the foul animals went into the city. When we got home and into my room, I'm not ashamed to tell you I broke down a bit and was quaking. Luckily mon was there to support me. But that was really a frightening experience. I'm pretty frightened to go outside now, so for the coming time I won't go outside without a bicycle or one of my roommates.

I don't know; maybe these are common things that happen all the time, but I'm certainly not used to having people threaten me and hit me across the face on the street for no reason at all. I know this was just a misdemeaning bully with his own trauma's running like scars over his face, but this was certainly an abusive experience for me. I remember that as we walked home, I was thinking that I'd gladly sacrifice my freedom for security. I don't know if that's bad or not, but I was deeply affected by this.