View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 05:35 AM   #32
Ariel Type
LA-S-LE

Ok, I understand how you see the score here at AG and I guess it's OK. I used to rate games depending on their aspects, so if game has no story but have lots of puzzles, and it calls itself "adventure", it must be of some very ospecial kind to gain my personal hi score. The same with lots of story and no puzzles. Actually, I can count on fingers games of such kind.
And overall impression.. Hmm.. I think it also depends on these factors. After all, there are "pluses" and "minuses" above the score

As for similar games, I guess, author tried to follow steps of Coktels' adventures, such as Goblins series, Prophecy and Woodruff, but what he managed to take from them was just pure "find the pixel" aspect, so Samorost and others turned out to be nothing but clicking on hot spots, without thinking, without actually "adventure" or "puzzle" elements. There are many flash games which are based on finding and clicking on hot spots, for fun, so I see nothing original in this one, sorry.

And, wildcat, what's actually so "adventures" about this game, if, like you say, it consists of pure puzzle solving? It should be called a "puzzle/logic" then?