View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #18
nikoniko
Translate Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
I don't mind. I grew up in Pittsfield, but I'm currently in Springfield.
Ah, Springfield. When people find out I lived in Western Mass, the inevitable question is, "Oh, isn't that where they have the Basketball Hall of Fame?" Except in Japan, where the person simply tries to pronounce Springfield, Mass: "Su-pu-ri-n-gu... fu-ii-ru-do... Ma-su? Hai?"

My main memory of S-field is of the homeless poet who cornered me in a bathroom stall, sliding typewritten poems underneath the door and telling me he wouldn't let me out until I paid him for them. When I told him I didn't like reading in the bathroom, he insisted on reading me a letter from the governor thanking him for sending poetry to the governor's office every week. Then he slid it under the door, but warned me he needed that one back, since it was his only copy. Eventually I paid the toll and he left me alone. I half wanted to read his poetry, since I'd bought a copy after all, but wasn't about to touch it after it had been on the mens room floor.

Quote:
My roommate grew up in another city of the Berkshires, and graduated from UMass (despite being as strait-laced as I am). The bass of his barbershop quartet is a UMass Latin professor, too.
By any chance, has he ever heard of the quartet The Mental Notes? I have no idea whether they'd still be together -- probably not -- but I sorta knew one of the members.

Quote:
As for your latest story, all I can say is...
My nickname is "The other Indy", due to my propensity for real-life adventure. I guess it's no wonder I like adventure games, but sometimes I wish life had a Save option or came with a good hint system.

Cheers,
doroposo

Last edited by nikoniko; 01-05-2006 at 06:01 PM.