View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #13
nikoniko
Translate Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
While UMass could remind me of Animal House (er, assuming that's the college in the area you meant), Wikipedia claims the movie was inspired by Dartmouth College (shrug).
It wouldn't surprise me. The UMass connection was related by a professor I had, but then he may have had it fused with UMass's former reputation as the drunkest school in the country. (I used to have a copy of the article on this, which I forwarded to my mom when she worried I might not be having fun up there in Massachusetts ) They've since turned that around and given up their top spot, but I'm sure they're a good contender for highest school in the country... or at least some Massachusetts school must be. I've never seen another part of the country where pot smoking was so ubiquitous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
But wow, I've never met anyone online before who also lives/lived in Western MA. (boggles)
I'd love to know what part you're in, but as your profile lists only the region I'll respect your privacy. The whole area is definitely a world of its own, though, so it's enough to know you're somewhere around there.

Definitely some interesting experiences while I was there... and if I'd been a pothead like most of my friends, coworkers and professors , who knows, it might have been even more interesting.

Cheers,
doroposo