View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:07 AM   #82
AFGNCAAP
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Yes it was, but I'm getting rather tired of peeps endlessly thinking they need to poop on anothers brigade by dissapating what is merely a FUN contest I've decided to put on for the hell of it!
Assuming I'm one of those people, who are the others? And I don't think I criticised the original contest anyway, only this new one.
Quote:
If someone is voting based on popularity and not on what happened in the other thread, then so what? The idea is based on who you think DESERVES it, not who you think is the BEST forumite... so don't put things into the thread or into people's heads which don't exist! This never was a popularity contest and wasn't intended as one, ya big dork!
"DESERVES" based on what criteria? The only one voters have been given is: "who killed the thread", and that, of course, isn't met by anybody.

You seem to think of me as a party-crasher or something, but your changing the rules of the contest (even a "FUN contest") when it's already on, isn't cool either. For instance if I wanted to "play" (as in, to win the prize), my strategy could be to post regularly every two days, and that way I wouldn't even make it to the vote-able 15 today, because those who made the most posts supposedly wanted the drawing the most.