View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #15
fov
Rattenmonster

I brought it in to EB today and they swapped it for me. I brought Trace Memory along with me because the pixel was not obvious on the initial DS screen but very obvious on Trace Memory's black splash screen. I loaded that up and the sales girl exchanged it right away. I didn't want to chance messing up the battery so I didn't turn it on at the store. It'll probably be fine, and if not, I can always go back. So, the new one is charging now.

Does anyone use those screen protector sheets? Is there any particular brand that's better than another? I didn't see any at EB so I'm thinking of buying some online. (I'm really paranoid about scratching the touch screen.)

EDIT: Footawn, yes, I was able to get two copies of Phoenix Wright (sent one on to a friend). The EB I went to first didn't have any and the guy checked the computer for me... one location was supposed to have two but he called up and was told they sold them that morning. Another store about 15 miles south supposedly had two in stock. I called before I went and was told they didn't have it. I asked the guy on the phone to check the computer for other stores in the area and he was like "Oh, this says we have some." He got off his ass and checked, and lo and behold, they did. So I drove down there and got them. If they'd had more I would have bought them and offered them to people here, but unfortunately they only had the two. It occurred to me later that some of the non gaming stores (like Sears, Best Buy, or Target) might still have them in stock. So if you're striking out with EB and Gamestop, you could try that type of store.

Last edited by fov; 01-03-2006 at 12:58 PM.