Thread: Changing names
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 05:54 PM   #11
Jeysie
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

I've thought about changing my name before, mainly because I like my middle name (Julia) better than my first name. But when I came of age to actually do it, well... I've been Liz for so long that thinking of myself any other way would be difficult (although "Jeysie" has actually come close in recent years). I even probably wouldn't want to change my last name if I got married (not that there's a random cold object's chance in heck of that ever happening...)

Mostly though... well, it's just a complete pain the ass going through all the paperwork. I don't know about in the UK, but here in the US you'd have to change your Social Security number, the info on any credit cards or loans you may have, any student info you may have, IRS info, driver's license/ID info... and that's the basic stuff. Add in bills and magazine info and post office info and all your friends and family, and... ugh. Way, way too much hassle.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."