Thread: Changing names
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #2
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
So, here's your chance to disuade me from adopting this particular moniker.
*spots chance and patiently waits for it to pass by*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Or, to be honest, you'd be perfectly justified in ignoring this thread. It's not even very interesting.
I find it interesting, though I was both excited by it at first and then disappointed. Excited because you were talking about real names, and then disappointed because you just want to add to it, rather than, well. Changing it.

I follow the philosophy that a true name is something one picks for oneself. My 'true name' changes as I evolve, currently, it is Neike Taika-Tessaro. My 'real' name, though, is Meike Pabst. I don't know if I would change my formal name given the chance. I suppose I might, if I get the impression my personality is going to remain the same long enough for it to be worth it

So, yeah, that's why I'd never dream of stopping you, though your reasons amuse me.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™