View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 04:19 PM   #9
nikoniko
Translate Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Another question - I know you're supposed to charge the battery for 4 hours before use. Is it okay to run it off the adapter without charging the battery?
As with any lithium ion battery, it's better to fully charge it before the first use, because doing so conditions the battery for future charges. If you draw power off of it before one full charge, as you'll do in some small amount even when running off AC, the battery might not charge as well as it should, and in future charging your maximum power may be less than it could have been. Somewhere I have a link to a really exhaustive FAQ put together by a company that replaces such batteries, who through thorough testing of numerous batteries sorted out the myths and truths of charging and made some good recommendations for taking care of these batteries. If you're up for a long read, I'll dig it up - I think it's on my favorites on IE, which I seldom use anymore. Otherwise, to sum it all up I'd say just be patient for a few hours when get your new DS, as you'll be glad you did later on.

Cheers,
doroposo