View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 03:33 AM   #11
Tobbe
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Haven´t had the time to tell you about the trip in detail, so I thought I´d should do that!

So, me and my gf arrived in Morocco 15th December, mid-day, it was quite a big change of climate, when we left Finland it was minus degrees so, we were dressed with warm clothes and when we stepped out of the airplane in Morocco it was +25c!

The first two days we just got accuainted (sp?) with the city, went to the local markets (kasbah), took a long walk on the beach, and shopped a little bit, spices, clothes, jewelry..The sellers were a little to much, they tried to sell everything, the yelled at you when you went past their shops, almost dragged you into their shops, you couldn´t just window shop, but they were nice though.

On saturday we went with a tour group to Little-Sahara, It´s 80km from Agadir, it´s like Sahara but there´s some vegetation in the dessert. After seeing the dessert, we went to a place were they made vases, cups, plates, almost everything out of clay, (you can see it in the pictures i posted). They were really good at it and fast! In another room there were small boys hand painting the pottery..
After that we went to eat at home with a Berber family, the native people that lived in the dessert, you can also see that in the photos, when were sitting on the floor eating.

From saturday to tuesday we mainly walked in Agadir, taking photos, shopping a bit more, swimmed and tried different local restaurants, and just had a good time together.

On tuesday we wnt to Marrakech, a old city 250km from Agadir, with the same tour group. I had high hopes about the trip to Marrakech, seeing the old Morocco, but when we arrived in Marrakech there was a local guide there that showed us arounf in the town, and he was like he was in a hurry, so you didn´t see so much, but still a great experience, the town was A LOT different than Agadir, because it´s rebuilt after the earthquake in 1960´s.

Then on wednesday the plane left from Agadir on noon and we arrivd in Finland on the evening, and it was -15c cold in Finland, now that was a shock!

Overall, a very nice trip, I learned a lot about Morocco, the people, and got to see different cultures, ways to live, that is so much different than the european style..It was my first trip abroad both for me and my girlfriend, now were anxcious planning a new trip!